Program Overview Mechanically correct and flawlessly professional documents increase your on-the-job credibility and aid precise communication. Business Grammar, presented in three comprehensive course modules, guides you through clearly stated rules and explanations illustrated by business-world examples so that you can review and update your knowledge of essential punctuation and grammar rules. This three-module, self-paced online program is delivered on an interactive Flash-based course platform available for access any time, from anywhere. The program content is supported by audio, electronic resources and a printable workbook that contains all the exercises and course tests. The Business Grammar Program focuses on:
- Module 1-Punctuation
- Module 2-Spelling and Usage
- Module 3-Grammar and Sentence Structure
- Apply easy-to-remember punctuation patterns to ensure correct use of commas, semicolons, colons, hyphens, parentheses, quotation marks, and italics.
- Print a Punctuation Style Sheet for ongoing reference.
- Follow conventions for plurals and possessives.
- Use spelling checkers effectively.
- Follow conventions for capitalization and numbers.
- Print a Capitalization and a Numbers Style Sheet for ongoing reference.
- Remember the difference between commonly confused words such as affect and effect.
- Print a Commonly Misused Words dictionary for ongoing reference.
- Print a Grammar Terms Glossary.
- Recognize and correct such common grammar errors as lack of subject-verb agreement and faulty pronoun use (for example, using I, me, and myself incorrectly).
- Use past, present, and future tenses correctly. Print an Irregular and Troublesome Verbs List.
- Use active and passive voice correctly.
- Recognize and correct such sentence structure errors as fragments, run-on sentences, dangling or misplaced modifiers.
- Use parallel structure to check for lack of grammatical consistency, content gaps, and illogical construction.
- Use eight proofreading tips to ensure error-free documents.
- Print a Business Grammar Program Proofreading Checklist.