Effective Performance Appraisals provide a systematic way to document and evaluate employees’ performance, recognize accomplishments, identify developmental areas, and appraise their potential for more responsibility. Writing Effective Performance Appraisals guides managers through hands-on practice with practical techniques to write SMART performance objectives and Development Plans, document appreciative and constructive feedback, and use objective Performance Appraisal wording to substantiate ratings.
This self-paced, online eCourse is delivered on an interactive Flash-based course platform available for access any time, from anywhere. The program content is supported by a printable workbook, 13 supplemental handouts (including a Performance Appraisal Checklist), a 139-word glossary, and a 10-question multiple-choice Course Assessment.
Hands-on practice is provided by 28 exercises as you learn how to:
• Use Performance Appraisals to enhance employees’ performance and meet your organization’s goals.
• Manage a remote team’s performance.
• Involve employees in the Performance Appraisal Process.
• Write SMART, durable performance objectives, define behaviors that support your organization’s Values, and create Performance Agreements.
• Document both appreciative and constructive feedback.
• Use objective, individualized appraisal wording that matches ratings, motivates employees, and meets the needs of the employee, management team, and Human Resources.
• Avoid ‘haloes,’ ‘horns,’ and other rating pitfalls.
• Write effective Development Plans.